Neck Dive

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jumping_Bomb_Angel, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. if you have the bass hanging by the strap on your shoulders while standing up, and you let go of the bass.. if the headstock moves downwards, that's called neckdive.
  2. it's the result of bad balancing on a bass. the upper horn where the strap is attached is too short, making the neck half heavier than the body half (not really heavier, but it produces more moment), and if you take your hands off the bass, the heavy neck instantly drops, often smashing a headstock in the process. that's neck dive
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    When you strap you’re bass on and the head stock slants to the floor. When that happens youre_neck_is_diving.

Warwick Thumbs and None-US BC Richs are notorious for having neck dive.
  4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I had an old Peavey Dyna-Bass 5 that had the worst neck dive ever. Don't get me wrong it was a fantastic bass, but the combination of a small light Poplar body with five huge Schaller tuners and a somewhat chunky 5 string neck was just too much.
  5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    its an olympic diving move where to people jump off of the 50ft high dive holding on to each others neck. or is it a frat drinking game to where you choke each other and the last one conscious gets the drink? i dunno:D
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Question answered.

Thread closed.

Unless someone sees a valid reason that it should remain open, then PM me.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.