1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Neck Finish?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Apr 10, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I didnt know where to put this so I though set up would be the best, if not, feel free to move it.
    What I want to know is what happened to the neck on this baby? It looks REALLY good, but what kind of wood is it? what did they put on the neck?

[​IMG]

2. that is the sickest f#*kin bass i've seen, so much freedom, i love it, as for the material who F@*ckin knows but holy S@#t that's a sick bass, where's it at man I wanna bust that baby out of there!;)

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Roscoe uses diamondwood fingerboards. IIFC, diamondwood is a wood that has been impregnated with hardners and compressed to make it more consistantly dense and harder overall.

Moses also offers fingerboards of this material as do other makers.

I imagine the pattern you see is a pattern resulting from this treatment process. Whether or not it is intentional, I don't know.

Chas

4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Geez, I hope it is intentional, it looks sweet as!! Even the p/ups have the same finish/blend.

If you want to see it click here Or you can see all the basses that guy has to sell here
    [​IMG]
    Man that ones really purdy as well :D...Roscoe make some very eye catching basses