Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Neck Finish?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Apr 10, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I didnt know where to put this so I though set up would be the best, if not, feel free to move it.
    What I want to know is what happened to the neck on this baby? It looks REALLY good, but what kind of wood is it? what did they put on the neck?

[​IMG]

2. that is the sickest f#*kin bass i've seen, so much freedom, i love it, as for the material who F@*ckin knows but holy S@#t that's a sick bass, where's it at man I wanna bust that baby out of there!;)

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Roscoe uses diamondwood fingerboards. IIFC, diamondwood is a wood that has been impregnated with hardners and compressed to make it more consistantly dense and harder overall.

Moses also offers fingerboards of this material as do other makers.

I imagine the pattern you see is a pattern resulting from this treatment process. Whether or not it is intentional, I don't know.

Chas

4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Geez, I hope it is intentional, it looks sweet as!! Even the p/ups have the same finish/blend.

If you want to see it click here Or you can see all the basses that guy has to sell here
    [​IMG]
    Man that ones really purdy as well :D...Roscoe make some very eye catching basses