Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

neck help please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warwickben, Jun 30, 2002.

1. i want to make a bass bt only place i have found to sell neck though necks is carvin.is there any othere place to buy neck though necks

2. Stewart MacDonald (www.stewmac.com) also sells a neck-through bass neck, but I can't tall that it's really much different from the one Carvin sells, and you get none of the various Carvin options.

Mike

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    carvin necks are very nice in imo.
    i would like the necks to multi layered. and i think if you call them they will do it.

steve

4. ill check to see about the carvin necks. i looked at the stewmac ones before but they were more money then that carvins.i wish i could just find a place that will sell you a neck though neck made out of the wood you want.i know i can bulid a bass but i cant do the neck work.

5. Well, it's possible that builders like Dave Pushic would be willing to build you just a neck--it's certainly worth asking.

Mike

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    a neck isn't really that difficult.
    when i build my bass i am building my own neck also. just plan it out.
    to get the taper of the neck.make a jig so you can run it through a table saw. the same with the fretboard. buy a trussrod from stewmac. and rout that out. glue the fretboard to the neck.
    it is harder than it sounds.

steve

7. love that warwick line. doese any one know any bulids who would build a neck thugh neck under 200.

8. Hey Ben, how did that whammy/trem bridge you were building turn out?