Neck help?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tracewithabass, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Tracewithabass

Tracewithabass

Jun 8, 2019
    I have a squire 70s p bass (not a vintage one a 2014 model) love it but the damn neck is way to skinny. I looked online and it has a Nut width: 1.65”. And it’s Radius: 9.5". I’m looking at a all parts neck with a 10” radius and a nut with of 1 9/16 which I believe is only an inch and a half. I’m guessing that means it won’t be too much of a difference? Unless I’ve read it completely wrong, I also of course can’t go try out the neck so if anyone has any info on how much of a difference it would be, or has that neck, or really Info please let me know :)
    Here’s my bass measurements included
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-classic-vibe-70s-precision-bass
    Here’s 2 links to what I’m looking to get
    NEW Fender Lic Allparts Chunky Precision P/Jazz Bass NECK Maple Fat PJMO-FAT

NEW Fender Lic Allparts Chunky Precision P/Jazz Bass NECK Maple Fat PJMO-FAT | eBay

2. 1 9/16" = 1.5625", so it's narrower than 1.65".
    I doubt the radius difference will be very meaningful either.
    On the other hand, if the thickness of the neck front-to-back is appreciably higher--like a deeper C--you might find it more comfortable.

3. Tracewithabass

Tracewithabass

Jun 8, 2019
    Gotcha, i think it would help being taller. but I’m looking for a wide neck as well something very early p bass like

4. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    Just get a P Bass neck for it.

TinIndian and Samatza like this.
  5. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Find one of those MIM Fender 50's necks. 1.75" neck and on the chunky side. The radius will be more like 7.25 but in reality I'm not sure how much difference that would make.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021