1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NECK PICKUP DOESN'T WORK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yagiz Simsek, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Yagiz Simsek

Yagiz Simsek

Dec 5, 2018
    Hello everyone.

I'm using Ibanez GSR200 and my neck percussion pickup isn't working. When I turn the knob on it just makes a fuzzy sound. The sound cuts when I touch the strings or other metal parts.

Can you help me? Do I need to buy a new pickup or is this a wire issue?

Thanks

2. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    If it were me, I’d buy an EMG Geezer Butler P/J set (comes with new pots and plug n’ play solderless connections) and upgrade the guts entirely.

Yagiz Simsek and jd56hawk like this.
  3. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    The pickup doesn't amplify a note, doesn't make a sound or is just scratchy when knob turned? If no sound, you might have a bad solder joint, a broken wire. If scratchy pot, get some Deoxit and spray a shot inside the pot from the back. Better take to guitar tech if unsire of any of this.

Yagiz Simsek likes this.
  4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Tech time.

Yagiz Simsek likes this.
  5. Deoxit works wonders with scratchy sounding pots, but I think you're right in thinking it's a wiring issue rather than the pickup itself.

Yagiz Simsek likes this.