1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neck Radius on a late 80's Stinger SBX???

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by MCMattyG, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MCMattyG

MCMattyG

Feb 15, 2016
    Hey All,

Does anyone happen to know the radius of my Stinger SBX fingerboard? I am planning to make a project out of this bass, including defretting, and I want to get a radius block to make sure the neck is sanded right. My other plans are rattle can repaint (thinking of Rustoleum color shift if I can find it), black hardware, and changing out electronics. Also curious about experiences with different types of P-bass style pickups from different manufacturers. I have done some research and think I am into the Seymour Duncans....not sure if I prefer the regular or hot, but I am certainly leaning toward the SD's. Thanks for any feedback you have. sbx.

2. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Download a set of these free pdf radius guages, print out 1:1, that will tell you PDQ. Print on card stock if you have any, and they will last a good long while, useful for checking radius on bridge saddles too.
    Need a Set of Neck Radius Gauges? | Pickguardian

3. MCMattyG

MCMattyG

Feb 15, 2016
    Thanks for the info. I will check this out.