1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Neck Repair On A Dean

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by xofnahtan, Feb 6, 2006.

1. I ran out of string so I had to put one on that was twice the size as what I normaly play and basicly it carved out the neck bridge(I think thats what its called) and I can't put any smaller string on now because theyre too small. How can I fix this?

2. I believe you're referring to the "NUT". The piece with grooves ,at the end of the neck, where the strings sit in slots.
    I wouldn't consider this an easy fix. You probably need to have the nut replaced, and replaced by a pro (unless you're lucky enough to find an exact replacement for your make/model bass).
    It might be possible to use something to "build up" the nut slot, then refile it to proper size, but I am unsure of anything that would work for this.

Mag...

3. Sorry about that but yes I meant the nut. So I should find a professinal than?