Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Neck Repair On A Dean

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by xofnahtan, Feb 6, 2006.

1. I ran out of string so I had to put one on that was twice the size as what I normaly play and basicly it carved out the neck bridge(I think thats what its called) and I can't put any smaller string on now because theyre too small. How can I fix this?

2. I believe you're referring to the "NUT". The piece with grooves ,at the end of the neck, where the strings sit in slots.
    I wouldn't consider this an easy fix. You probably need to have the nut replaced, and replaced by a pro (unless you're lucky enough to find an exact replacement for your make/model bass).
    It might be possible to use something to "build up" the nut slot, then refile it to proper size, but I am unsure of anything that would work for this.

Mag...

3. Sorry about that but yes I meant the nut. So I should find a professinal than?