1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Neck Scale Clarity

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PIZZAcato, May 7, 2006.

1. Hi, I was just wondering what scale of neck is best for clarity... as in clean/clear sound, if you know what I mean (i cant really describe it any better). For example... Lakland advertises a "piano like quality" and I think they use a 35". Thanks.

P.S. Just to make sure you know what the question is, I'm asking what scale(inches or w/e) of neck is best for clarity.

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I don't really think that the neck dimensions have that much to do with clarity.

After technique. the greatest factors probably are pup choice and amplfier limitations.

A lot of the aftermarket pup makers give a pretty accurate description of the sound to expect with different model choices. If you find a description of the sound that you want, post in the pickup forum and ask if anyone is using that particular pup.

You can get "bell like" tones easier with a pick than with your fingers, generally.