Neck Through Blank

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d rick man, Jul 31, 2020.

1. d rick man

d rick man

Jun 28, 2016
    Does anyone in the US sell this? Or sell a chines product that has decent pricing with decent shipping? xvjvkrwzizr123yxmgar.jpg

2. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    Carvin used to sell blanks like that, in fact that really looks like it might be from them. 24 fret and ebony fretboard. That was their signature neck structure from about 1988.

Kiesel, the new company from which Cavin instruments grew, may sell you one, although they do not advertise them on their website like Carvin used to.

Give their customer service team a call and see what you get. Kiesel Guitars - Custom Guitars and Basses Made in the USA

3. 30 years ago I bought a Les Paul-style neck-thru like that direct from Carvin. Had a Gibson-ish top to the headstock though--not a paddle.
    No idea what Kiesel is selling now, but what I received back than was perfection. Still is.

Good luck in your search. There's GOT to be someone out there making neck-through blanks for guitar and bass.

4. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I bought one back when they were still Carvin, absolutely love the neck shape.

5. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    I'd love to find another source of these. It doesn't appear to me that Kiesel is continuing to offer these. I bought several through Carvin and used them to create guitars and basses. There was a Carvin store in old downtown Santa Ana that was "kinda" on my way home from work.

6. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    I guess not. Could be an opportunity for some neck manufacturing shop.

7. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    urtr9dk343v5te2isslk2zszechztgbh.jpg
    Made with the old Carvin neck-thru option. One of my favorite neck profiles ever!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021