1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neck Through Stingray !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eadg98005, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Just revealed :

2. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    Mmmmmm

In my pre-nerve issues days this would have been my holy grail....

Now my fingers are pointlessly crossed hoping they've decided to make it in 32" scale! And since I'm already smoking crack, why not 3 string for good measure.

On a more serious note, yet another bass I could never play pain free, but still have serious GAS for.....

47th Street likes this.
  3. wow that looks pretty nice...

finally a Stingray with a comfortable neck heal!

eadg98005 likes this.
  4. ...and a 5er:

5. 35hundy

35hundy

Oct 12, 2014
    BC, Canada
    I love that fully finished neck look though I wonder if the through neck will warm the tone rather than bite as a bolt on does. It sounds that way, however, who knows how his eq was set.

Kim Jong Funk and eadg98005 like this.
  6. SR4 H:

TalHaz likes this.
  7. 35hundy

35hundy

Oct 12, 2014
    BC, Canada
    Curious to see if there's a Sterling. Fingers crossed!

blindrabbit likes this.
  8. Me, too !!!!!

blindrabbit likes this.
  9. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    that doesn't solve the weak G issue nor the G sliding off the fretboard on the fivers.:unsure:
    they should deal with known issues before attempting to reinvent their wheel with a major design change such as this. just my two bits-I have owned four of them
    their basses are so close to being right-I wish they were...for me.

aledeville, tbz, Doc Mojo and 4 others like this.
  10. I've heard of the weak G, but have never experienced it with 7 out of 7 MM's . I'm not a 5 stringer, so I can't comment on the sliding G... BTW, nice blue dawn :)

Rocky and blindrabbit like this.
  11. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    sold it-was a great bass except for that dreaded G slide.

12. stuntbass77

stuntbass77

Nov 6, 2007
    I prefer the tone of bolt on basses, sound more open too me. It is nice they are offering the option. Even if the woods are the same a bolt on will always sound "different" compared too a neck through. The weak G string problem on the some of the stingrays is real and I agree should be addressed.

13. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    I like... but I'm torn....

While I love neck thru on basses like Spector, or Alembic, I'm not sure I'd like them on Stingray or Jazz bass for example.

14. I know what you're saying and I don't disagree. Those are definitely annoying flaws that EBMM should fix. But, to take a different perspective, I've found that both issues can be mostly negated with certain hand techniques. And I've also found that those same techniques are really just more "correct" ways of playing in general; they make you sound better on any bass. Sometimes it's not the bass's strengths but its flaws that make me improve my skills.

dabbler, pudgychef, Qlanq and 4 others like this.
  15. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!

Will there be a Sterling? If so, my plans to not buy any more basses this year may have just been thrown out the window.

dinoadventures and 47th Street like this.
  16. 7dollarbologna

7dollarbologna

Apr 22, 2014
    Downtown Albuquerque
    Desert Eccentric
    Sweet!

17. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses
    Did hell just froze over?

blindrabbit likes this.
  18. Geri O

Geri O

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    No, there hasn't been a thread where the weak G string hasn't come up, so it's not likely. Maybe be one day...

SirMjac28 likes this.
  19. Damn you for posting this... now I need one! :)

blindrabbit likes this.
  20. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses
    I owned musicman basses before - never noticed anything wrong with the G string. Will I be eaten alive for this blapshemy?

On a more serious note - I really respect them as a company for constantly trying new things with bongo / al / gamechanger / new strings etc. etc.