1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

neck to body angle

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dreadheadbass, Feb 17, 2008.

1. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

Dec 17, 2007
    england
    ok this really only appllies to bolt on necks for obvious reasons
    i'm just curious as to A: hoe you measure it and B: what measurement it should be
    is there a formula depending on scale size etc?

any help or links would be greatly apriciated thankyou

2. As far as I know it's done if the adjustment at the saddles is inadequate to get proper string height. I shim on that basis. My "Badtz-master" is so bad, I shimmed the neck FORWARD to bring the saddles down from nearly full-up. Cheepnis. I do notice a bit more sustain if I have the neck positioned so that I have the saddles at least halfway up their travel. Could be the slightly more acute angle from the rear of the saddles to the string anchor points is helping. I could be imagining things as well, however, others have reported this after I return a bass to them ater big set-up.
    Josh

3. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

Dec 17, 2007
    england
    thanks thats pretty much hit the nail on the head