Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Necks and Bodies

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by relman, Jul 26, 2001.

1. I'm contemplating the idea of building a fretless bass. A friend of mine is going to help me, as he repairs instruments for a living and knows all about intonation and such. My question is, are there any other places online (excluding Stew-Mac and Warmoth) where i could find a Blank bass body (or, if possible, custom routed) and a Fretless J-style neck with an ebony fingerboard?

2. I know that CARVIN offers body,neck,fret,and electroincs in seperate packages. check out there web site and they will send you a free catalog.

3. Don't be too quick to discount StewMac for the neck you've described. They are the only ones (aside from Warmoth) to offer the fretless in ebony. And at the price they want, it's a steal.

I've heard some good things about USA guitars. You might try them to see about a custom body like you want:

http://usacustomguitars.com/catalog.htm

Good Luck!

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

www.musikraft.com has Fender-style bodies & necks in all kinds of woods, fretless included.