Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Necks, Bridge, pickups - cheap!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Planet Boulder, May 8, 2005.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Looking to clear out some space in my bomb shelter, so here we go:

1) Allparts Jazz Neck w/black blocks & Decal - Had this on a MIM bass for a while. It's in god shape - has a ding on the tip of the headstock and couple of small "dents" on the back of the neck. as black blocks and a natural binding, which looks nice. I bought the Fender decal, applied it, then coated with satin urethane. It was my first time doing such a thing and, though it looks good, you can see some sloppiness if you get really close. Doesn't detract, though. A nice neck with a vintage look and feel. Standard 2 1/2" pocket size. SOLD

2) Yamaha neck from a BB1500 bass - in very good condition overall. As you'll see from the picks, i had filled in the existing holes and drilled some more in order that it might fit a Kramer I have. I got bored and gave up, though. You can easily fill in the new holes (or I'll do it for you if you need) and re-drill for a Yamaha or any other bass it might fit. Standard 2 1/2" pocket size, but it fits a flat, rather than curved pocket. SOLD.

3) Active EMG jazz bass replacement system - includes EMG 4-string jazz pickups and electronics (all American made) and the control plate and knobs from a MIM Jazz (all attached).
    Say SOLD.

4) 70s brass Fender "Claw" bridge - this was made by Kahler for Fender in the 70s and is hard to come by. It's brass (and, as you'll see from the pics, it's tarnished), it's heavy and it drops right into a standard 5-hole fender bridge configuration. It does require that a couple additional screw holes be drilled, however. This thing sustains quite nicely and, well, dig it. We'll go with $30.00 shipped to the lower 48.

5) Kent Armstrong P-Bass replacement set - had this on my old Precision and it worked great. If you want to replace the crappers on your MIM, Squier or whatever, these would do you quite nicely! SOLD

6) 5-string MIJ Fender Jazz pickups - these came off of a mid-90s 5-string Fender and they just didn't fit the bass upon which I was going to install them (for you Brice Douglas owners looking for replacement, these will not fit.). They are good condition and I bought them from a fellow TBer. There is a little wear on the poles, but not much. As you will see from the pic, one of the wires is only about an inch long, but you can either use as-is or add some wire to it. $50.00 shipped to the lower 48.

7) PAIR of Korean MM-type pickups - these have barely been used and they are in great condition. As far as Korean-made pickups go, these aren't bad at all. SOLD

Okay - PM or e-mail me if interested. I accept PayPal.

Here comes a boatload o' pics.... (First, the necks)

2. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Pic of the AllParts headstock and the Kent Armstrongs...

(Note - that looks like a ding under the decal, but it isn't. Something strange in the pic.)

3. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Pics of the bridge

4. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Pics of the EMGS and the Fender MIJ pickups

5. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    And the Korean-made MM pickups...

6. butchonbass

butchonbass Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Email sent on the yama neck.

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I'll take the Allparts neck. Thx, 4mal

8. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    P-Bass pickups, Korean-made MM pickups and AllParts neck are sold.

Everything else is still available.

9. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    What kind of EMG pre and pups?

10. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    The EMGs and the Yamaha neck are sold.

Still have the Jazz pickups from the MIA Fender and the Claw bridge available. Feel free to make an offer.

11. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

PM sent about the Claw.

PS - how heavy is "heavy" with this thing?