1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Necks for sale! SX old headstocks, Austin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by dave120, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Up for sale is another set of parts from my closet cleaning sale.
    Prices include shipping to US Con48.

• *Available* #1: Austin Neck. P spec nut width but these necks aren't chunky like P necks. They're P wide and Jazz thin on the back. This one comes with the string retainer and nut in it. Very little fret wear. $30 shipped
    • *Available* #2 Austin Neck. Same as above but without the string retainer and nut. This neck also seems to require quite a bit from the truss rod to straighten it out. As such this one is going project cheap.$15 shipped (Free for cost of shipping)
    • [DEL]*SOLD!* #3 SX fretless Jazz neck. Maple/Rosewood. Good shape, poly coated. Mild wear on the board from someone using rounds on it. Plays fine though, I used the flats for the bit of time I had it on a bass. The gloss on the back of the neck has been knocked down and the vintage tint stripped. Nice satin feel to it now. $45 shipped[/DEL]
    • [DEL]*SOLD!* #4 SX P neck, Maple/Rosewood. 21 frets, satin finish, "fish hook" headstock. Nut included. I have some new tuners that fit the holes in this for an additional $20. $40 shipped.[/DEL]
    • [DEL]*SOLD!* #5 SX P neck, vintage finish (this is an old one from before the orange went nuclear on most SX necks), has a couple sets of tuner holes in it. Frets are in good shape. $35 shipped.[/DEL]
    • [DEL]*SOLD!* #6 Hondo/Palmer/Harmony? J neck, Maple/Maple. Not sure exactly what brand this one was originally under, but I've seen necks exactly like this under those 3 brands from the 80s, as well as Olympic and Arbor. Neck is in overall good shape. Frets are fine, truss rod adjusts at the heel and works fine. The headstock is a bit rough around the nut but not bad for a project. I have some tuners that came with this I think. I will throw them in. $30 shipped.[/DEL]

PM me with any questions. Trade offers welcome but I don't know what I'm looking for it that regard.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    TTT, price drops!

3. PM'd

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Neck #4 is sold! The rest are still available. I may add one or two more tonight as well.

5. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    I'll take the SX fretless neck! It's mine! PM me where to send a check or money order! Is the board super level, and capable of really low action, or does it need to be worked?

6. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Oops, somebody beat you to that one this morning! The rest is still available.

7. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

8. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    TTT

9. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    Is this all you have? If it is and you somehow end up getting an SX lefty maple lemme know. Thanks! And here's a lil bump for ya

10. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    what are the heel dimensions of #5 sx neck?

11. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Dave, do you have any of the tuners for these necks? I'm finding my Squier VM tuners don't fit (or I'm doing it wrong :) )

12. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    I will have to look. I'm not sure if I have any more sets for these.

13. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    No problem Dave. Surprising what you can do with a dremel and a rubber mallet! :)

14. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    It is 2 9/16 at widest part of the heel. Same as most SX P necks.

15. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Added another neck to the list. Hondo/Palmer J neck.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    TTT
    Some price drops

17. mordechai

mordechai

Dec 8, 2007
    Maine
    What's the heel size of that hondo neck? Will it fit a Fender spec body?

18. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    It fits a Fender body I have just fine. The dimensions are very close.

19. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Price drops on the ones I have left

20. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    i'll take neck #6 a.k.a. Hondo neck. PM incoming.