1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Necks - MIM, Squier, Hondo II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Lesgo, Aug 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lesgo

Lesgo Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Price:
    $40-$235
    I have 3 necks for sale. The first I am intimately familiar with. The other two I picked up along the way but never installed on an instrument.

Squier Affinity Precision fretless loaded - 1999: this one underwent an amateur defretting job a little over a decade ago. This was on my main gigging bass for years. Truss rod works. The unfinished fretboard has some string wear, but still plays great. I have only used flats on it and regularly treated it with lemon oil. Loaded with the original hardware. Nut is included, but it needs to be glued on. Headstock has some dings that could be sanded out. $75 shipped CONUS

MIM Squier Series P bass neck -1995:
    Recently picked up this neck for a build but decided to go with a maple fretboard instead. Does not have a nut or tuners. Seems to be high MIM quality. Built in the mid 90s when the Squier Series was MIM. $120 shipped CONUS

Hondo II neck:
    Neck seems nice and straight. Please be advised that this neck has the flat Hondo heel and heel truss rod adjuster. Will not fit a fender neck pocket. Great for a Hondo II with a squirrely neck. Nut is installed, but no tuning hardware. $40 shipped CONUS

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    covermego likes this.
  2. covermego

covermego Still here....... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    Your Fender "Squier Series" neck is identical in production to the standard MIM necks. In fact, at that time, all necks (and bodies) were produced in Corona, CA and trucked down to Mexico for finish and assembly. The red P-Bass in my avatar has that exact neck on it. Did lots and lots of research on this. Finally came upon a thread where Keith Brawley, VP of Fender, chimed in. It's still on the web if anyone would like to confirm for themselves. Excellent neck at a great price!

Lesgo likes this.
  3. Lesgo

Lesgo Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Thanks for the info. I didn't want to cite the rumor that these MIMs were actually MIAs, but it's definitely intriguing. I'll track down that thread. And I may decide to hang onto it...

covermego likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021