Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

necks...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jan 24, 2005.

1. hello crew,

well, i recently played a peavey grind NTB at my local guitar store, and if nothing else, i fell in absolute love with the neck. this was a thin profile neck, and what caught my attention was the fact that the neck wasn't "glossy" like most other basses, including fenders, ibanez, and almost all other basses (sorry, i don't know the "professional" term for it, but i am sure you all know what i speak of ;) ) the neck was smooth, but didn't have that gloss" it felt like wood. :confused:

so my question is, are there any other basses (not grind or cirrus) that have this type of neck?

2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Sorry, I cant think of any that off the top of my head but the Cirrus (I have one!) But you can take that to a luthier and have it done to any neck for a price...

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Warwick.

4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Warwick Necks are Sticky, And he said Thin. Warwicks are like cutting a baseball bat in half and tossing strings on it. :bassist:

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Mine isn't sticky :(. Fine.. Warwick+Destickifier+sander