1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Looks like basses I've been trying to sell are more popular parted out, so I'm going to consolidate and try to move everything out starting with necks...

***SOLD*** #1: Squier VM 70s maple/black blocked Jazz neck, very much like a Geddy Lee in feel (& looks too). This was on the bass pictured here, perfect fit on a body with Fender P or J dimensions. Recently had a complete fret leveling & setup. Headstock sticker under lacquer but original SN and info still on back. Tuners come with, stock and solid with no slippage. Really great, fast feel. $160 + actual FedEx shipping. Mounting screws included.

#2: SX Short Scale Fretless Jazz neck (old headstock). Very nice condition except for a small amount of finish flaking off the side of the fretboard, stable and not an issue while playing. Many citristrip the thick poly off completely, which I might do if I keep this. Original listing for the whole bass was here. Includes tuners and string tree plus mounting screws & SX plate, $65 + actual FedEx shipping.

***SOLD*** #3: Slammer by Hamer neck, rosewood/maple, P width at top nut and will fit Fender-type bodies (I put this on a Squier body and it had a slight gap on the side but the screw holes lined up and the neck didn't move). Just the neck, no tuners or other hardware. Will get a pic up soon. $30 + actual FedEx shipping.

***SOLD*** #4: Fretted/fretless neck: Stinger by Martin P neck with a defret job done above the 12th. Original listing here. $20 + actual FedEx shipping.

Use This FedEx calculator with my zip (60660) and a box of, say, 6x6x36 inches to estimate. I'll confirm the shipping cost with you before you pay. Most of the additional pieces you see on the whole basses in pics are still around, I hope to 'bulk list' anything extra soon but if you're interested in a certain thing let me know.

Thanks,
    Craig

2. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Neck #4 (fretted/fretless) is sold. Price drops on a couple others. Yes, I'll definitely combine multiple necks and discount shipping accordingly.

3. low2groove

low2groove Tyranis 4 / Lower Groove Guitars

Jan 21, 2007
    PM your way

4. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    PM replied, and bump...

5. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Neck #3 sold...

6. kevmc28

kevmc28

Feb 28, 2008
    Somerset, NJ, USA
    Will neck #2 fit on a Suzuki M bass body (p-bass clone)?

7. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Can't say for sure, heel is just under 2 7/16" so the width is OK...but it is a short scale neck so I don't know if the rest of the pocket will line up. Also you'll likely need to move your bridge if the P is a standard 34" scale.

8. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Is neck #1 the same specs as a Geddy Lee, and, I assume, a 4 bolt ?

9. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    It is a 4 bolt. I know it's a jazz width and feels pretty thin front to back. I believe it's a 9.5 inch radius. Feels very much like a Geddy neck to me.

10. Basso54

Basso54

Jul 22, 2003
    Dalhart, TX
    Is the "Geddy" neck still available?

11. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Necks #1 and #2 are both still available. It looks like the J-Retro, BA II and bridge pickup of the 'Geddy' Squier are sold but I have the parts to return it to single coil pups and passive control plate...

12. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Neck #1 sold.