Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Neckthru Roscoe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shoreline_gold, Mar 8, 2006.

1. I was wondering if anyone else on here owns a neckthru Roscoe. I talked to Keith when I went up to get it looked over, and he said there are only about 12 around.

2. So they DO exist!!! I can see it now - SKB3006 neckthru with maple fingerboard and quilt maple top and ash back - all natural finish and black hardware - that purplehart stripe down the middle would be KILLER!!!

But let's see a pic of yours so we can all drool profusely.....

3. pictures_5529.jpg

The neckthru is the one in the middle. Had it factory refinished after I bought it. Gard took this pic when I was up there last November to pic up the fretless. Keith said he will never make another neckthru, since "they were such a pain in the ass to make". And the fact that they were HEAVY.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yeah you can tell by the body shape that it is

a) neck thru
    b) pain in the rear

Amazing collection you have though.

Welcome to TB.

5. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Sorry for the treadjack, but what kind of stand is that?

6. It's made by Hercules stands. This one has rotatable mounts, great for showing off the good.

7. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Jerry. What's up man? That neckthru is sweet!

Shawn

8. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
    I almost bought a six-string SKB neck-through at a GC once, but hesitated because it weighed at least 15 lbs. It sounded and played sweeter than hell, but there's I couldn't play it standing up at all. Left, went back the next day to get it (it was a GREAT deal), and it was gone. :^/

9. Shawn, did I sell you your Roscoe?

10. I Use the Redwood 6 and the fretless with my regular gig, but I plan on using the neckthru on the Elton John tribute show we are planning ( it sounds killer with a piano). The neckthru has slightly more string space at the bridge ( it's an old Wilkinson) and the neck is thinner front to back. All 3 set up with a perfectly straight neck. I'm so freakin spoiled.

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    :eek:

...troublemaker! :spit:

How the heck are ya, you nutbag? Good to see you here on TB, welcome to the fambily! What are you up to, just gigging???

"That was easy."

:D

...oh, and by the way, you wanna see spoiled, come see my new toy...

:ninja:

12. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Doesn't Kim Stone have one??

13. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Still waiting for the single cut.:bag:

Or should I say praying for the single cut.