1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need 10" 8 ohm Aluminum Cone Speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cnl83, Mar 26, 2009.

1. cnl83

cnl83

Jan 30, 2007
    I have a 4x10 Hartke XL series. One of my speakers are shot, and Hartke wont have any in stock for 2 months. Does anyone know where I can get a similar Aluminum Cone speaker? I cant have 1 BLACK and the others silver.

Thanks!

2. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    The Eminence CABasslite 2010 Neo has an aluminum cone...but I think it's blue.

You could always tell everybody that it's your secret weapon. Or that it's to make sure the sound guy knows which driver to mic.

As for realistic options, scour craigslist for wrecked Hartke cabs which might have usable drivers. Or find a used 2x10, rob one of the 10's and have an extra for when one of your other speakers goes out.

3. Brick Top

Brick Top

Dec 7, 2008
    Michigan
    I suggest you replace the other aluminum one with a matching paper one. Then you don't have to go down the same path in the future if it happens again.

Cheers,
    BT

4. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring time on a spinning, shimmery, aqua sphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Spray the others black? If one detonated, more might follow. Maybe, they'll all end up being paper cones. Or, if you really like the aluminum cones, put the paper cone in as a temporary replacement until Hartke sends you what you want.

5. Hi.

Thomann used to stock XL replacements but now all I could find was the TP

http://www.thomann.de/gb/hartke_10_lautsprecher.htm

To my ears they sound similar, with a different power handling.
    Yes, I have both as replacements, and tried them in my SWR WM10. The XL is in there now.

There's obviously the Behringer aluminium cone, but I most definately wouldn't go there as the cab tuning would be out of whack and the worst case scenario would be blowing the other drivers.

Regards
    Sam

6. cnl83

cnl83

Jan 30, 2007
    Appreciate the response. That site is overseas though. Im in the U.S. It might take 2 months to get here.

7. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    Just a suggestion - if you end up getting a driver that does not match, you can add a second grill behind the stock grill. It will make the grill harder to see through - so possibly the non-matching speakers won't be noticeable.

8. This is why filling out your profile is important. How can anyone advise you on anything if we don't know what area of the world you live in. From the posters perspective YOU are overseas not he!

Contact Hartke and get the proper driver for your cabinet anything else is a crapshoot.

Paul