Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a 24 fret 34" scale neck for bass project

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Philthy, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    I'm looking for a right handed, 24 fret 34" scale neck for a bass body which I recently bought of of ebay. I think it's a Washburn XB400 (see attached pic). I tried to contact washburn and they don't sell direct. Finding a neck for this bass might be tricky because it has an angled neck pocket which slopes to the right. The lenght of the angle is 3" but the width of the neck pocket where the bass of the neck should sit is 2 1/2 inches. Anyone out there selling a neck in good condition that could fit this bass body? Or are there any suggestions on what other neck options there are?

Thanks!!!

2. Looks cool.. Thats gotta be the only original washburn body that I've ever liked..

Have you considered getting the body adapted for a certain neck you could get somewhere?
    I don't think you'll find a neck that fits perfectly to that pocket.

You'll either have to get a neck made or get the neck pocket reshaped.. And the secodn is much more convenient..

Check for necks at www.carvin.com and www.warmoth.com. <-(check out the gecko bass necks)

3. oops, you could get the edge of a neck reshaped too.. But is almost the same work as reshaping the pocket... You or whoever that makes the job, should be careful with the scale so it doesn't affect the intonation of the bass when the bridge is installed.. I hope you already knew that..(?)