Need A/B/Y switch recommendation.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by palmettobum, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hi, I am looking for a way to 'bypass' my effects with one stomp. Mainly to have the option of a completely clean signal with no tone suck from my effects. Is this a common situation? I'm not exactly sure if there is a device that can do this, since I only have one input on my amp.

Looking for something relatively small and under $150.

thanks so much!

pb.

2. morley

3. awesome, so something like this has 4 jacks right? one for bass, one for clean, and then an 'effect loop'?

sorry for such a noob question, the specs arent that clear on the site.

thanks for the recommendation! +1!

4. sorry, what morley product?

5. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Your bass goes in and comes out the other side, the same as plugging into any other pedal. The only difference is, when you turn this pedal on, it brings all the other pedals into the signal chain :)

You treat it exactly the same as an effects loop on your amp...That's switchable :)

6. so the loopmaster is solid?

7. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    You won't break it in a hurry put it that way ;)

8. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Yeah loopmaster is great, it will do exactly what you described and is solid as a rock.

9. damn the 4+ week wait time! geez!

10. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
  11. thanks for the tips!

How do you rig your pedalboard for one of these? I've got a small gator pedal tote, thats pretty full of boxes.

d36a_1.jpg

I guess I just need right angle instrument cables to keep it more 'lo pro' and fit in a space in my small pedal board, i just wish the in/out were on the same side, so both plugs could come off one side of my board...

any suggestions?

12. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    If you have a drill press, you can get them on the same side or ask the person making it to customize it that way.

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Check out Lehle as well. Great looper/switchers, and all the jacks are at the top.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021