Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a Bass Player ANY BASS PLAYER!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Torch, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Torch

Torch

Sep 17, 2000
    Ok all the details are in my other post "I Need A Female Bass Player" but Scrap the female part. Anyone who lives near here, is close to the age, and has thier gear gimme a shout.
    Since my last thread about needing a bassist turned into a debate about who will get what when divorcing a female bassist (What the hell is that anyway?! Christ)

Also im looking for a lead guitarist now too, same specs as the bassist, need ride to practices, own gear, age and location ect.
    leave me a reply
    Apreciate it
    -Mike

2. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Aww, we don't get to scrap the age part yet?? ;)

3. Torch

Torch

Sep 17, 2000
    well how old are you?

4. Torch

Torch

Sep 17, 2000
    No it isnt job discrimination buddy, I dont want like a 25 year old in my band. This is a bunch of 16, 17 year olds.

5. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    "Smoke"? that sounds a little gay. anyway i'm gonna go read your post and see if i live in your area.

6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I have deleted my previous posts to this thread, as it seemed that my humor was unappreciated and unwelcome. I try to be friendly to EVERYONE on TalkBass. Apparently, that is not possible.

7. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Deynn- I didn't get a chance to read your deleted post, but I'm SURE I would have appreciated your humor since I am part of the blue-hair crowd. Maybe it was just a bit, um, too mature (read: old)? :D :D

Note:This is an attempt at LIGHTENING UP, please don't kill me.

8. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Jen..Thanks for the support. I do TRY and use humor to help bridge the age gap. I mean...we're here on TB, because we are bass players...and SHOULD get along...right? :)
    By the way...I noticed that you have a '79 Ric. That's pretty cool! I really like Rics and honestly, just don't know why I don't have one. :D

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    "Blue-hair crowd"? You mean like Marge Simpson?

Will C.:cool:

10. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    I think all of Bart and Homer's antics gave her that blue hair. :D And, by the way, what the heck is an omniring?? Am I too old to be asking that question? ;)

11. it´s all explained here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6368

don´t you keep up on talkbass? :D

12. dude im 15 and i play bass and sing. but i play mainly punk and i live in michigan and its probably too far if i have to cross from one country to another to practice. sorry

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, Jennifer, you're a real "senior citizen."

14. Sampoerna

Sampoerna Guest

Oct 9, 2000
    W. KY, USA
    Heh...

I think she meant something along the lines of, "Is an Omniring an item found only in adult catalogs?"

:eek:

15. Hey whats up torch ill play bass for u, im 20 from etobicoke/missisauga, i only have two conditions, one dont expect les claypool, cause my talent is more similar to sid vicious, and two i gotta bring my buddy along who plays guitar and has more talent than me, i can play dont get me wrong but im not that great.

16. yea if Jennifer considers that old then i am the walking dead, and no offense Deynn but the worms are already snacking

17. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Everytime I post something I see that darn "senior memeber" below my name, it's so sad. :D

Mikey96, you might want to see if this person you replied to has an email address or something. I don't think he comes here that often. Think we might have made him mad, imagine that. :D