Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need a better amp..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wes I AM, Sep 18, 2000.

1. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Hey guys and dolls. I haven't gotten into a gig or anything yet but i still need a better amp to practice on. What is the best amp out there that uses like a couple tens for under $600.00? i like the punchy sound of tens so if anyone knows, i appreciate it..

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Dont know US prices so check but I would look at the Trace Elliot 7210 300w 2x10's graphic that sort of thing, I am prevaricating over one. Hartke do the 1410 I have not tried one but have gigged the 1415 for 6 yrs no worries. Try one they are an aquired taste.Look into the Eden Nemesis as well. In the end there is no best only what suits your ears and wallet. Being no more than 30 miles from decent bass shops I always try loads of stuff with my own basses before I buy, thats what I am doing now.

3. logicman69

logicman69 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2000
    West Warwick, RI
    I know everyone is going to think I'm going to say Peavey. But not this time. Peavey did have a 2x10 combo but I didn't care for it. I'd check out the Carvin RC210. This is a great 2X10 that just has way too many features. its 600watts with both tube and solid state preamps, compressor, and noise gate, plus tons of other options. Direct price is $749.99. Might be a little out of your range but check it anyway.

Peace