1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a Boost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jeffvirgo, Mar 22, 2003.

1. jeffvirgo

jeffvirgo

Jan 10, 2003
    I have a 70"s Mu-tron III in my FX chain that sucks volume from the signal just being in line with or without being engaged. I just picked up a Loooper in a trade that provides 2 true-bypass loops. This has been great for determining my problem pedals. The Mu-Tron is the only pedal that I have this trouble with(the Mu-Tron Octave Divider and Q-Tron are fine).
    I have since put the Mu-Tron III in Loop 1...It's great to have the effect without coloring my tone when it's not engaged.
    My problem is that there is a volume drop when adding this loop to my signal. I would like to boost the signal coming out of the Mu-Tron III to unity without (gasp) sacrificing ANY Low End.

Any thoughts?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

A Boss LS-2 instead of the Loooper would do that perfectly, since it has a +20 dB boost available on each channel.
    You'd lose the true bypass, but since you have a Loooper you could use it to bypass the LS-2, if that makes sense.

Another solution could be to use a MXR or FullTone booster just after (or before, depending on what sounds better) the Mu-Tron III.

I'm jealous about your Octave Divider. It's such a cool pedal. You're almost happy when it loses tracking :).