Need a Boost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jeffvirgo, Mar 22, 2003.

1. jeffvirgo

Jan 10, 2003
    I have a 70"s Mu-tron III in my FX chain that sucks volume from the signal just being in line with or without being engaged. I just picked up a Loooper in a trade that provides 2 true-bypass loops. This has been great for determining my problem pedals. The Mu-Tron is the only pedal that I have this trouble with(the Mu-Tron Octave Divider and Q-Tron are fine).
    I have since put the Mu-Tron III in Loop 1...It's great to have the effect without coloring my tone when it's not engaged.
    My problem is that there is a volume drop when adding this loop to my signal. I would like to boost the signal coming out of the Mu-Tron III to unity without (gasp) sacrificing ANY Low End.

Any thoughts?
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

A Boss LS-2 instead of the Loooper would do that perfectly, since it has a +20 dB boost available on each channel.
    You'd lose the true bypass, but since you have a Loooper you could use it to bypass the LS-2, if that makes sense.

Another solution could be to use a MXR or FullTone booster just after (or before, depending on what sounds better) the Mu-Tron III.

I'm jealous about your Octave Divider. It's such a cool pedal. You're almost happy when it loses tracking :).