1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a bridge pup for my Lakland DJ5.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dave_bass5, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Ive just got a Nordstrand NP5 put in the neck position but now the bridge pup is picking up a LOT of RF interference.
    I believe this is normal (although it seemed fine before the pup change) so i need to replace it with something that wont be as bad.
    I dont have any real experience with this sort of thing, pup's are just something that comes with a bass for me so i need some recommendations please.
    Im not bothered about keeping the tone as im really expecting to use the neck pup most of the time. The bridge pup is on a push pull switch so its out of circuit but i do like the idea of using both at some point.
    I would like a simple drop in job.
    Ive read up on the Nordstrands and it seems they are a bit bright, might not be ideal although im sure they would work well with the NP5 so its an option.
    The Lakland pup is 4" so i think a Fender type will fit.

The other option i was thinking about was to put a MM pup in the bridge position but not sure about that one.

Thanks for any help etc.

Thanks for any help.