Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need a bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Cort45, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Cort45

Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    im trying to find a good bridge for my project bass but i dont really know what to get. the badass is too expensive ($70 for gold) and i was thinking about the gotoh 201 but i read somthing here that said that action wont go low enough. what do you all suggest?

2. humm what is your price range??? and if its too high you can easily shim the neck and that would bring the action down,...

3. Cort45

Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    the 20-30 range would be good. im really poor right now

4. i suggest you go ahead and get that gotoh 201 bridge... but if the thing doent allow your action to go low enough you can always put a thin piece of something in the back of the neck pocket

5. Or take a little bit off of the bottom of the bridge.
    I thought it was best to keep the neck as close as teh body will allow?

6. you could do that. but that would cost extra money. i have shims on both of my basses and they sound great...well oen of them could sound better but thats a pickup issue...i generally have to shim the necks of my basses becausei cant get the action low enough w/o hitting the pickups.

but it would work ikn this case..