1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a cab for Tc electronic BH250

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by himluis1, Apr 3, 2013.

1. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    hey , i currently own a tc electronic bg250 and im thinking about buying a bh250 , but not necessarily the cabs that tc sells as each one of them is like $400.00 so putting 2 cabs and the head together will cost me $1100... if there is anyone out there using this head with another cab combination or different brand please let me know how u r using it and your experience !!! thanks

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    You can use whatever cab you want. Just be mindful of the impedance.

3. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    i understand , i was looking for experiences like combining the tc bh250 head with ... hartke 4x10 or fender or ampeg not necessarily the cabs that tc electronic offers ... because the 2x12 250watts @8ohms cab that tc have is good but i will only get 125watts unless i buy 2 of them , so n so

4. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Having an 8 ohm load doesn't half the output wattage. I can't find the rating into 8 ohms anywhere though

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Besides, getting all the watts from an amp is highly over rated. It's more important to have enough spkrs for the volume you need. I'd think that head paired with an 8 ohm 212 would make a good rig, and later, if you want more volume, add another one just like it.

GSNOLA likes this.
  6. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    and since i have the bg250 , i want to know how will it sound with a 2x12 combination or may be 4x10 ... i dont know , ill see , i always wanted the head +cab but ended up getting the combo , not bad at all but is always good to have a back up amp ... so ill buy the head and see about which cab i will buy ...

7. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    has anyone tried the combination of 4x10 and 2x12 ?
    i'm curious if that would work well.

8. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I use BH500 and two BC212 cabs. The 2x BC212 is insanely loud when i use the full stack. I often do the gig using half stack which means a single BC212 and the volume i getting is still very loud and the tone is also very nice. I did think about selling the whole rig to down size but nothing beats the TC cabs for that price. The BC212 is one of the lightest 212 you can ever find.

I rather run 2x BC212 for portability and versatility then running one 4x10.

9. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    like i said before i own a bg250 , but im think im going to buy the bh250 and 2 of the 2x12 cabs ... that way for small gigs i will bring just one cab and have a second for bigger gigs , my only concern is that if i do only use one with the.bh250 , i will only be pushing 125watts to that cab right ??? or am I wrong ???

10. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    You're doing what I was planning on doing. I decided not to because I discovered that as cool as the BH250 is, it's wattage is still pretty limited. You would be better off getting a single extension 15 for your BG in my opinion. The only way you would ever get a louder sound from the BH would be to run it into a 610 or an 810 at 4 ohm, neither of which has great portability.

11. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    BG250 is running a 4 ohm internal speaker and has no external speaker jack. There is also no effects loop, only an XLR direct out. Not many (any) extension speaker options unless you want to modify it.

12. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    well ... most of the churches i play at , have pa systems ... my bg250 is loud enough to cover for what i play ... i was just looking to may be upgrade by having 4x12 instead of a single 15" ... i might give it a try anyways ... ill probably keep my bg250 and just add the bh250 n cabs as another option ...

13. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    You're kidding? I didn't know that....That's borderline sh*thouse....

EDIT: No. That is actually quite sh*thouse...

14. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Depend how hard you gonna push the BG250 with the 2x12 cabs ......i think is ok personally.

15. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    let me make my self clear , i have the bg250 combo amp., im not looking to modified or do anything to it other than the normal and regular use ... what i want to do is buy the head version of it the bh250 and get 2 cabs with it , possibly the 2x12 ... but i was wondering how it would sound with just one cab and if theres anyone that have it , have done this , to tell me more about the experiences of this head and cabs ,some people say is not about the watts but more about the amount of speakers , example is better 125w with 2x12 cab than 250w with a single 15"speaker ... cause each cab is around $400.00 so a two cab plus head rig will cost me around $1100 plus tax. is it worth it ??? i seen some people that bought a second bg250 and used some kind of splitter and get a full 500 w ...

16. larrison

larrison Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Texas
    I was using my BH250 with 1 TC RS 210 or 1 TC RS 212, sometimes both. It sounded great. It was an awesome light weight rig with a small footprint especially stacked vertically. I can't say enough good things about it. Ironically enough, both cabs are available for sale if interested...

17. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I've got and use two BC212. But i only got the bigger version of the head which is the BH500. Sound and tone wise i was more then happy and the volume/tone i get from the cab is amazing.

I normally can cope with using 1 BC212 for more normal gigs and for bigger event and gig i will use two BC212.

The cab is very light to move around, i won't complain about moving the 2 cabs if i have to do it myself. Other cabs i play in the pass like ampeg SVT410 and SVT115 and Ashdown ABM210 and ABM115, they are pain in the butt to move compare to the TC cab.

Also I like 4x12 compare to 4x10. If one 2x12 is not enough volume then you will find it hard to find another cab that can cope. TC 2x12 is one of the lightest 2x12 cab you can get.

18. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    I wouldn't expect you to notice a difference in tangible volume between 125w with a single 212 and the combo. The db difference between the two would be negligible and you won't have added enough extra speaker area to make a huge impact to overall audibility. You would notice a tone difference between the 115 of the combo and the 212 cab. Whether you class that as 'better' would depend on you entirely.

With a pair of 212s you will definitely be a bit louder than the combo because you have more speakers. If you stack vertically you'll definitely be able to hear yourself better.

I honestly wouldn't do it without trying it first to ensure that you're satisfied that there's enough differences between the stack and the combo. I think they would sound very similar and I don't think the stack would actually end up that much louder in the end. If you want a truly loud sound from the BH you're going to need to start looking at a pair of their RS410s which is overkill for that head unit in my opinion.

19. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    ok, i love the sound of my bg250 , but sometimes if i just want to practice with headphones ill have to set up the combo and make all the space and all that just for ptactice ... if i had the bh250 (head) i would just grab that n headphones n im good to go , and also on gig situations grab one cab or two depending on how big it is ... i definitely love tc sound and products , at this point im looking for convenience and more options when it comes to set up for gigs and rehearsal ...

20. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The BC212 is light enough to lure around. You can probably put the head in your gig bag and carry the bass and the cab in one trip.