1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a carrying case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bass_masta16, Oct 3, 2008.

1. I'm not really sure which category this is supposed to go under, so I'll just put it here..

I need a carrying case for the J bass I plan to buy (Geddy Sig.) I have one of those bit rectangular massive things, but I need something smaller, like the one Gibson SG's come in, anyone know what I'm talking about? It fits snug into it and its tiny, well thats what I need for a bass case..
    I prefer its a hard case, I don't really want a gig bag, well maybe only if its extremely padded.

So can anyone recommend me to a brand or anything that fits my needs?

Bass Masta:bassist:

2. Road Runner makes really good super stiff/padded gig bags with backpack straps. There are also Freedom cases by SKB, also the new cases Fender is making right now, their grrrreat.

3. If you're looking for a molded case and if Fender doesn't make one specifically for the Geddy Lee, be VERY careful about measurements. Other molded cases for Jazz basses, including those from Fender, may or may not work.

Precisions models (post-1957 or so) and Jazz model basses are similar to one another in appearance, but there have been many small (and some not-so-small) variations in body size (both width and length), horn proportion, overall neck length, etc. I have a 1996 USA Precision (Standard) and a 1996 USA Precision Deluxe. The former will not fit in the molded case for the latter because the Deluxe has a slightly smaller body.

Good luck and, if you can't actually try a case with your bass, measure carefully.

Bluesy Soul :cool: