Need a combo for concert band rehearsals, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tcjbrown, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Hi everybody,
    I'm looking at joining a couple of the community bands around here, none of which are able to supply amps for rehearsals. They're mostly medium-sized concert bands/orchestras and I'll be picking up a combo to take with me. Ideally it may also be used for big band rehearsals/small gigs later.

My budget's around $1000AUD (can't stretch beyond that unfortunately, full-time college student) and I'm currently looking at something like the Fender Rumble 500 combo or the Ampeg BA-210. So, any recommendations?

Thanks everyone!

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

AER Amp1. Well you did ask! LOL :D

3. Uncle Ernie

Uncle Ernie

Mar 10, 2007
    Queretaro
    I got my Mesa Walkabout used for 1k CAD... and it rocks

MrLenny1 likes this.
  4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Mesa walkabout

5. I don’t have a specific recommendation, but go used. You’ll get roughly twice the value for the same dollars.

6. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Rumble 500/210 + 210 cab.

Gearhead17 likes this.
  7. I'm thinking that's the way I'll go. I've called my rental place to see if they can organise one for me; I'm loving what I've seen/heard of the 500 so far. I'll have to wait to sort out another 210, but I'm pretty happy that the rumble should be fine for now without the extension cab.

Gearhead17 and Yahboy like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021