1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a couple quick answers...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Joeymarshmallow, Feb 28, 2008.

1. I have bartolini 8cbp p-bass pickups installed in my Squier project bass, and I'm having wiring difficulties. The fender wiring diagrams depict 2 wires coming from the pups. There's a single wire coming from the bartolini pups, but it seems that there is a copper wire in middle, rubber, silver colored wire surrounding the rubber, then more rubber shielding. Are those the two wires (copper and silver), or do I need to split the copper one somehow?

Also - Will a A500k pot work for my volume pot? The diagram calls for a B500k.

Thanks in advance

2. The copper wire is the hot and connects to the lug on the volume pot. The silver shielding wire is the ground conductor and connects to the back of the case on the volume pot with your other grounds.

I like to use 250K pots for P-basses.