Need a Custom Bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Woobie, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Woobie

Nov 1, 2004
    I need to know if there is somebody out there that can build me a great sounding custom 5-String bass. I haven't been able to try out many basses cuz of the fact that I use C-tuning. Right now I have an Ibanez 5 String tuned G-C-G-C-F. It sounds like crap! My only solution is to have someone who is really good and can help me find the best sound for my bass and my band. Thanks!

Revolve Bass

P.S. It might help to hear the music @ OR
  2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I think you will find that kind of open ended question on the forum will cause trouble. People are not allowed to use thei forum to solicit business. Look at peoples sites and contact them via e-mail. At least that is the way I understand it shold be done. I am not sure Sorry if I am wrong...t
  3. as usual, you are correct TJ.
  4. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Correct?? Correct?? :hyper: Woo Hoo!! Elizabeth I'm comin' to see you......... :D ..t
  5. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    You could re-word your question to say," could anyone hear at TB recomend a custom builder for a special five string bass project"? That would probably get you some responses.
  6. I'll do it!!!

If you give me $10K I'll do it! I don't build basses, but for $10K I'm sure I can find someone who can do a terrific job for $5K :D :D :D

COME ON...IT'S A JOKE!!!
  7. Woobie

Nov 1, 2004
    ok....well....can any body recommend somebody in the LA/OC area
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Try posting this in the Basses forum.

You should post more details also.

Price range.
    Desired sound.
    Modern/vintage style
    Music you are into.

If you are looking for something Fenderish in apearances and low in price I would recommend Valenti. I have two and I plan on ordering more.

Here is a Talkbass thread showing the contruction of my newer 5 string.

Nino-Brown is very open to suggestions and can do a lot of different things if you request them.

9. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
  10. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    My votes, now as always, are for:

Darrin Huff
    Mike Browne
    Carey Nordstrand
  11. Woobie

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks guys,

I'm looking for something like the Warwick Thumb Bass, in fact i'm very close to just getting one unless I can find somebody to help me build a bass for me. I need help cuz i'm very inexperienced in the custom dept. (i.e don't know much about, wood, pickups, ect.) I just basically learned to play one day and got good at ....the only signed bassists I know that use the same 5 string tuning as me use a for the music i'm into

try OR

that will give you and idea of the sound i'm playing to...price i'm trying to keep under $2500