need a custom neck made......

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by BassGreaser, May 24, 2005.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just bought a Fender Coronado bass body, and would you know it Fender didn't used that same neck pocket that they used for the Jazz and Pbass used. I can't use warmoth as they only make necks that are 2 1/2" wide at the heel, and mine is about 2" wide. Anyone know where I can get a custom neck made for this body :meh:
  2. djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Can't really help you with the neck. However, what do you have planned for the rest of the instrument? A couple of DarkStar pickups would be pretty hot in there!

Good luck, whatever you choose.
  3. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking at a pair of TV Jones (gretsch style). Neck (if I can get one made) and body will be refinished in trans black to were indoors it will look solid black, but in sun light you will be able to see the wood grain. Oh and it's going to be fretless!! There isn't enough room to fit two DarkStars on this body, but I do love how they sound from the clips on the DS site :p anyone else have any ideas whom or where I might be able to get a custom neck made?
  4. M_A_T_T

Mar 4, 2004
    Some friendly advice:

If you plan on sourcing out a neck (or any other part) from someone on this, or any other 'luthier' forums, DO YOUR HOMEWORK on the person you may be considering to build it for you. On a few occasions I've seen unknowing buyers get screwed with either a lousy product from a guy looking to make his first sale in custom instruments, the piece taking a ridiculous amount of time to be made (like 6months for an electric guitar neck, and the builder had no other jobs), or the buyer never recieving their product and loosing the money completely.

Just be aware.
  5. this mite sound really dumb. if the pocet is the same distance from the bridge as a normale fender u could recut the pocket in the body(dont think u could do that with that body) or route the end of the neck to make it u said the warmoth are 1/2 to wide. well route a 1/4 off on both sides.