Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a dead quiet, articulate bass with a good neck for recording.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kid A, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Kid A

Kid A

Jan 17, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Hey all, the topic pretty much sums it up. I'm just looking for a good sounding (articulate, not boomy pbass), reliable, and absolutely dead quiet bass for recording. Aesthetics , brand, and luxuries don't matter too much for me. I'm probably going to want something passive. Playability is a must, so hopefully something I can set with semi low action and good intonation. The cheaper the better cause my basses certainly take some abuse in my little studio setup.

I'm seriously just thinking about going with a cheap mexican fender jazz, but I don't know how quiet they are for recording. Any thoughts?

2. Take a look at the Mexican Jazz Deluxe. It's a little more scratch, but those electronics are seriously dead quiet and it sounds and plays great to boot. I used to have an older one, and I kind of wish I had kept it.

3. The Peavey cirrus series is dead quiet and great for recording with. The neck through models are now custom shop orders only though, But they are still available. This is a fantastic bass and available in 4,5 and 6 string modela. The bolt on neck models are good but not up to the standards of the neck throughs. :bassist:

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    peavey G bass. ebay.

5. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Fury's are notorious for being fantastic in the studio. Even with the pickups split to single coil they are dead silent. Probably a tad pricier than you want to go if you're considering a mexi jazz.