Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a dingwall owner! Please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by monsterweights, Oct 9, 2002.

1. I live near Dallas, and I am looking for a store or an individual that has a dingwall. I would like to order one, but I would like to play one for a few minutes to try it out. Is there anybody in Texas or near Texas that wouldn't mind me playing on their dingwall? Or, if you know of a shop in texas that has one, that would be even better.

2. call larry Morgan Music off Garland Rd and miller in Garland. Im pretty sure they do not carry them, but if you talk to marcus, he'll steer you to one.

Good luck
    Corey

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've played one. They are much easier to play than you'd think by looking at them. I predict that you'll feel right at home in 10 minutes. And they sound and look tremendous.

If I were more serious about bass I'd buy one.

I wonder about a lined fretless Ding........ :)

4. Lined fretless Dingwall....

I have a feeling there will be a post about one soon...;)...and a post about a 6 string.

Geoff

5. Thanks for the replies so far. As for Larry Morgan Music, I go there frequently, and none of those guys have been able to help me find a dingwall. I really hope to here from somebody who has one in Texas or a close state. I would go to NAMM next year but it is too close to the time of the year when my wife is due to give birth, and she would kill me if I planned a road trip then!
    Here's an intimidating thought, an UNLINED fretles dingwall!!!! Geoff, keep us posted on your new baby
    Thanks, and please keep the Dingwall comments coming.

6. Dingwalls are an absolutely amazing bass that just sings. They are so easy to play, and only take seconds to adjust to. I've had the oportunity to play a few, seeing as how they are made right here in Saskatoon. Sheldon Dingwall is a real nice guy with a real good head on his shoulders, :cool:
    at least that was my impression, seeing as how I've only met him a couple of times.

Seriously though these bases are fast, and easy to play, and sound so in tune and balanced it'll blow your mind:eek: :D

7. Hi:
    I have 2 Dingwall basses (okay Geoff your 2nd should be soon). The nearest dealer of Dingwall for us Texan is in El Paso. However i have no idea if he has any basses on hand.
    I have the Dingwall Afterburners, these are Sheldons budget models they are not the fancy wooded, fancy electronic Primas and zebras. However for the money its an amazing bass.
    Right now BassNW has a 4 string A'burner w/ the new FD-1 pickups.

What specially would you like to know? fanned frets are ZERO, NO problem. tone, playability. Would you prefer to call me?

Last time i spoke to Sheldon about Texans w/ Dingwalls it was me and this metal player from Hellskitchen who lives near el Paso.

Lined fretless Dingwall....now thats a groovy idea ;) ;) shhhhhhh-
    frank

8. Thanks Frank. Houston is Great for me, because I have family there. I'll be sending you an e-mail and I hope we can get together.

Mark

:D :D :D :D

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    :eek: :eek: :eek: