Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a Flightcase for a Epifani 502 amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Hi

I need a Flightcase 2 Unit for my Epifani amp. The amp is 11"Deep and most cases are about 20-21"deep. Anyone know who makes flightcases which is not so deep. I now carry the amp in a 3 unit rockbag with my Korg tuner but it's still big. I really don't use the tuner so I'm not gonna bring it along.
    A small case where the amp just fits along with my cables could be great.

Christian

2. Anyone!

3. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
  4. I don't know exactly what you mean by a 'flight case'. If it's ATA flight approved, I think you might be stuck with the big stuff. However, if you are looking for good protection in a lighter rack case, SKB makes a very nice 2 (and 3+) space rack which I believe is 14" deep... plenty of room for the amp along with cords, etc. I use one of these for my Thunderfunk, which is the same depth. Works great, although again, it's not 'ATA flight' approved.

Another option is a Mooridian bag. They make custom sized bags with a nice pocket on the side for cords, etc. Not a huge amount of protection (nylon with about 3/4 inch padding), but plenty to get from home to car to gig, etc. They have a website.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You may want to try TBer Ryan Owens (ryan.owens@earthlink.net), who makes some darn nice looking cases, or go for Anvil. My contact at Anvil is Ron Campbell (Ron_Cam0503@verizon.net). Ron is currently recovering carpal tunnel surgery, so give him a few days to recover (he won't be answering e-mails).

Tom.

6. It's the SKB192U, listed in the 'professional sound section of the site. It's 15" (I thought it was 14") from front to rear rail. They sell them online at Musiciansfriend for around $100.

7. Ooops... you actually had found it. It is 15", and obviously larger with the lids on, but it's very light and it's not rediculously deep, but deep enough for cords, etc. I like them.

It's frustrating, because their 'effects racks' would be perfect, but are on 10" rail to rail... just a little too narrow.