1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a Gig amp, Price range 0-$350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ScottFrettzBass, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Yeah, i asked before, but i didn't give good details. My Genre for playing is usually Punk, Rock (classic, hard, and alt) and i need a good loud amp, for cheap. I only have a crappy Fender Rumble 15, and i was looking at the Acoustic B260 Mini Stack...

2. Forget the "Acoustic B260" and look used.

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    a used Mark Bass LMII.

4. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Just pick up another 8ohm 115 (used) and you'll be good to go.

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    How loud are you talking here?

I'd look at the GK MB115, but depending on the volume needs it may not cut it.

6. Well, I wanted a loudness that could fit a large school auditorium, but i need something that could work well for small gigs like deli's/coffee shops too. Which is why i thought about the Acoustic, but i need more then 100W so i can play louder gigs. Unless a 100 could handle a "garage" band until we make some cash on the gigs. I don't know if it would; since I'm a newbie when it comes to amps.

7. ^ Good call! I think Welcome to RMCAudioDirect.com - Call us @ 877 222 7457 will sell for about that price when requesting a quote. :)

8. GK? I picked up my GK700rb and a 410RBH used about a year ago for $300.

9. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I play my GK MB115 at about 50% volume at my church with no PA support. We have drums, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboards, and four singers. The room seats 200 or so and is usually half full on Sunday mornings. I never have any volume issues and iff anything I am occasionally asked by the soundman to either turn down or back off on some of the bass frequency in the eq. I play either a fender P or J depending on the song.

I'm not sure how that amp would handle an outdoor setting, but I have been extremely pleased with the sound quality and quantity so far. It was 399 new, and I'm sure considerably less used. I did have to add a woodscrew with a thick rubber washer to the front to keep the grill from vibrating. the amp generates some serious low end compared to how light it is (33 lbs iirc), so the grill has a tendency to rattle; so does anything else that isn't nailed down.

ymmv. good luck.

10. Thanks for the "review", I Play on a Fender J *planning on getting a Hofner Violin*, and I found that i can get this amp for even less $! The GK will be my next Investment!

11. You will not be disappointed! Good call. :)

12. I use an Acoustic B200H with the 410 and 15 cabs. I know they are low budget and you can definitely find quality used stuff out there, but don't underestimate them. I regularly play club gigs with no problems and I keep up with the guitar players at rehearsal with ease. Just saying.

13. I bought a gk backline 600 and a goldline gk 410 for 300+ tax at a pawn shop.
    Sounds great. No issues what so ever. Love it.