1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a good padded strap...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by owensea777, Jul 20, 2007.

1. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Can anyone reccomend a good padded strap? I tried one at Guitar Center that had some kind of gel padding in the strap that was perfect, but its no longer there. I think it was around $40, does anyone know what strap that is?

Also if there are any straps for people with broad shoulders, that would work for me. Sometimes I have the problem of my bass sliding to the left, with the tuner keys (Headstock I think?) pointing down. The padded strap was thick enough to prevent this. Thanks.

2. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    I bought a Comfort Strapp at GC for $26. Well worth the money. My bass weighs 11lbs and this strap allows me to play longer without the heavy discomfort.

3. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    That has to be the one my GC was selling for $40. Looks like I'll be ordering online...oh well, I needed some Thomastiks anyways, GC here certainly doesn't have those!

4. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
  5. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    Ditto. I've read a bunch of times that a Warwick Thumb neckdives, but I've never had that happen, and the Comfort Strapp is the only one I've used with it.

6. I bought a Levy's padded leather strap from GC several years ago. It is Oh so soft and supple and is the only one I use anymore. I have since bought an additional one and, although it is very nice, the new one isn't quite as supple as the first one. Check out the following link for info. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Levys-212-Padded-Leather-Guitar-Strap?sku=360553

Levy's also makes a wider strap for bass but the 2-1/2" is fine with me. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Levys-412-Padded-Leather-Bass-Guitar-Strap?sku=369224

Hope this helps.

7. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Levy's is the best for my money. You gotta get the thickest, fattest one they offer, it's $50. I picked up a padded neoprene strap(made out of wetsuit material)made my a company called Strapps I think. Pretty comfy, but a bit to bouncy and not quite as classy and satisfying as the big chunk of leather that Levy's has to offer, but worth trying. Good Luck!