1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a Gretsch bass tailpiece - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JasonKain, Nov 27, 2013.

  1. JasonKain


    Nov 24, 2008
    So, a short version of a long story, I had to repair my Gretsch G5440, and removed the tailpiece in order to do it. Life came up, and I didn't get to put it back together right away. Now, I have the rest of the bass put back together, and I can't find the tailpiece.

    Anyone have ideas on a replacement? I haven't been able to find a Gretsch one in chrome. I've found gold, but not chrome. Are there other brands or types I could look into that would work?
  2. ih8law


    Aug 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    You on the road to disappointment here, my friend. I tried very hard without success at obtaining a chrome Gretsch tailpiece and never had any luck. I don't understand why the gold ones are available aftermarket, but not the chrome.

    Search eBay for "trapeze" tailpieces and you will get something in the ballpark.
  3. Pilgrim

    Pilgrim Supporting Member

    First thought: contact Gretsch. Second thought: Ebay. It may take a few months of searching, but I'll bet a tailpiece or a trashed instrument will become available.