Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a halloween thingy for Oct 31

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Sep 24, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

My band has scored a Halloween gig. Not Halloween night but the Friday and Saturday before. I was thinking about dressing up one of the nights. The rest of the band is also, but we are not having a real rhyme or reason for what they are wearing.

Any ideas?? Not some inspiration. I looked online but the first 200 I looked at were all similiar and didnt do anything for me. By the way I am not interested in being Sponge Bob!!!!

Tidbit of info...I am a bigger dude 6'1'' and 250 lbs.

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    You can get an inflatable costume. They have these miniature fans that attach to your belt and keep the outfit swelled. Looked funny on my 5'3" lady friend; should look funny on a big guy like you. :cool:

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Go as a bin:

Get a large (old) bin, punch out leg holes. Attach some suspenders to strap it onto your shoulders. Seal up holes around legs. Proceed to fill bin with litter (avoiding stuff like beans, spaghettie, used tea bags etc).

or you could go as the YMCA...?

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Check this out...

My 16 year old, is going to be a pimp, & has a couple of hotties lined up to be his Ho's. They're goin whole hog, too... Complete w/ the obnoxiously colored velvet suit, feather hat, & cane... The girls? They've got it work out that one's going to be a "good" ho, & the other is a "bad" ho.

He's even been practicing his pimp-walk.

5. If you don't mind the comments you would get, dressing in a dress and wig is always a good way to get attention on stage, people think it is funny.

Haha, cool. I have only bought one mask so far, but plan to buy a bunch of Halloween stuff this year. No plans yet, I have to see if my friends that will actually do something are free or will let me join them.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Cardboard box painted silver = Robot.

7. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Beetlejuice. First rent the movie so you hit the makeup dead on. Go get a cheap striped prison outfit, white, black & green makeup, and a wig. Doesn't matter what color the wig is, you can spraypaint it silver (non-metallic paint preferably) it just has to match his hairstyle. Beetlejuice playing bass? That's as good as it gets! That's what I was (sans bass) for my 4th grade school competition and I took first place in the whole school, but I'm sure it's because the makeup was perfect. The main thing is the makeup Odie, there's been a few weak looking Beetlejuices out there.

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Beetlejuice would rock!!!

Oh, I forgot these ideas, too

A few years back, I dressed up in a full set of surgical scrubs, complete w/ latex gloves,, & poured hershey's syrup all over my hands... So, I went around, as an "Insane Proctologist".

That same year, my son took a worn out Tae Kwon Do uniform top of mine, & put it on backwards. At the time, the sleeves were WAY too long,, & it looked like a straight jacket... We then took a sharpie & wrote "Bellevue Mental Hospital" on it. I told him, don't say trick or treat when they answer the door... Say, The dog told me to do it! Out of all the houses we hit that night, I'd say only 4-5 houses actually got it... 4 thought it hilarious,, 1 was insane & objected like freakos...

9. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I also have a show on the day before. I'll probably end up being a zombie.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    This one is a pretty incredible costume. Would take some work though.

brad cook

11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Wear a guitar and deliver pizza!!!

12. Be a boyband.

And on the subject of halloween costumes..

My bestest friend (girl) and I are going to be football players, and our guy-friends are going to be cheerleaders. Over-used? Yes. Funny? Double-yes.

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    i think i ma be a coolaid man... maybe drunk santa (cuz i got a beard and i am a fat bastard :D )

Coolaid will be fun cuz all i be saying is "oh yeaaaaah" all night :D

14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Go as Middle Aged Man; you know the old SNL skit with Mike Meyers.

"You're looking at my gut aren't you; well I'm working on it."

Have another band member be Middle Aged Man's sidekick, Drinking Buddy. "It's beer thirty Middle Aged Man"

15. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    One guy goes as a pirate. The other wears a parrot mask, all black clothing so his body is unobtrusive, and stands with his head resting on the pirate's shoulder all night. If you two have to sing harmony you can even share the same mic.

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    you guys should all dress up like Gwar... instestine bass, spleen guitar, and all that.

17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Go as Osama bin Laden, with a bomb hovering over your head. Pretty easy to do, methinks.

Fake beard: Check.
    Military clothing: Check.
    Funny hat: Check.
    Papermache bomb with pole and string: Check.

18. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    In this case, you can't go wrong with Viking.

19. Gorrilla would be cool, specially since your a big guy. Or maybe a turtle.

20. Hell yeah.