1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need a lil help with my GK Backline 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by moscorelli, Mar 30, 2009.

1. moscorelli

moscorelli

Feb 1, 2009
    ok i know alot of people dont like these amps but i didnt have enough cash for the SVT-VR..

http://www.gpanagopoulos.com/eshop/images/detailed_images/back600.jpg

this is it, my question is what is the use of the "patch bay".. i just run my bass, and effects pedals right into the input and never use this section of the amp..

is the sound different when using these on amps?

srry im a noob with all this shiz

2. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    The "patch bay" send/return is post EQ, while your pedals are very much pre-EQ. The tuner is pre-EQ ... and works when you hit the "mute" switch. I prefer my TU-2 pedal tuner up in the input signal path. Check out the manual and the circuit diagram. I like my BL600 just fine.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Usually, the patch bay in back is used for rack mounted gear. Things that run at line level. Your pedals are most likely instrument level, and what you're doing is correct.

4. You can run a pedal on the patchbay. I prefer this. When I tune, I step on the tune mode on the pedal, (bp80), just as I would inline. The pedal mutes on tune mode, so I dont use the amp mute.

But as stated, its post eq, effect, only on the d.i.. So if you use pre e.q., you will be dry to the board. (P.A.)..

But the above post are correct, simpler to run pedals, inline...

Oh and I like my BL600 fine also..