1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a little help with a local trade Warwick/Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marikk, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Good day all,

I recently listed my German Warwick Streamer $$ for trade locally in a small market in Canada. The only tempting offer i got, Actually the only bass offer i got, The others being a beat up '82 dodge and a ride on mower (not kidding), A Spector Rebop J/J, Maple/Rosewood in Halo flash black (said it was built for the Spector Rep originally). A quick google search brought up a wildly wide price range and I have no Spector experience, Never seen one for sale around here and know real command of their models, hierarchy, What to look for or what to consider..or even if this trade is fair value

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    A German Streamer $$ is worth way more than the import Spector Rebop. The Streamer is a much better sounding bass IMHO, far more diverse with the $$ config. Not a good trade offer. Now if you had an offer for a USA neckthru Spector it would be a different story because I am personally partial to Spector.

Dean N, Gearhead17 and Marikk like this.
  3. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    100% agree. I've owned both models; the Warwick is leaps and bounds better in terms of quality and resale value.

Marikk and Gearhead17 like this.
  4. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    I don't think a USA neck through Spector is an even trade a Euro LX most def but not a USA, USA model Spectors go for 3K and up and and 3K is a steal I would say a good Euro Lx would be a dead even trade.

5. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Maybe. But you've got to find a German $$ Streamer first. And when you do it will be pricey. But yes, point taken. A Spector Euro neck thru would likely be fair.

6. Thanks all...ill let this one slide by. I hate being in such a limited market

7. Is it a 5 string?