Need a little help with a school project (bass related)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Derhak1, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Derhak1

Jan 7, 2003
    Hey guys,
    I need a little input for a graphic design project. Finish any of the following thoughts in as few or as many words as you want. Thanks for taking the time.

I play bass because...

When I sit down and play I feel...
  2. i play bass because its so much easier than guitar.

oops jsut kiddin

i play bass because it's who i am and it's what i love. it's the form that most allows me to express myself.

when i sit down and play bass i feel total relaxation, a happiness that i can't attain any other way, and sometimes a lot of frustration :)
  3. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    I play bass because my soul beckons me

When I sit down and play I feel like I can conquer the world by shaking it's foundation ;)
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I play bass because it soothes the soul.

When I sit down and play bass I feel a sense of tranquility and invincibility.

Bit OT though, don't ya think?
  5. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    I play bass because i was born to play bass!

When i set down and play bass i think hey i shouldnt be setting down because it will just make me lazy! I find if i set too much to play it hurts my neck that much more the next time i stand at practice or a show!
  6. I play bass because I can create the funk and use it as an extension of my soul. from all of the lesser things of this world--hate, despair, greed, worry--and I can be satisfied with the fact that I've made the music I play truly mine.
  7. +++1 my friend I couldn't have said it better!!!
  8. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    derhak i saw your post on phook.
  9. Derhak1

Jan 7, 2003
    ha, yup, bass and phish, what else do you need
  10. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    I play bass because the band needs a hum. You are at the sea shore, listening to the waves. There is a hiss and a tinkle, and there are gulls yakking at each other, and there is a hum. Even in the mountains, when all you really can hear is twitters, there is a hum you can only feel. An orchestra has all kinds of color and song, and there is a hum under it all. A cathedral organ has birds and trumpets, and you feel the hum. A band needs a hum.

When I sit down and play I feel that hum.
  11. If it's graphic design, the wording should complement the design itself.

What look are you going for?
  12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    ... probably because I'm a vehicle for the music of the spheres. It resonates with me, and the audience usually seems to dig it too.

... good. Bass is an emotional tonic, among other things. I can come home from a hellish day at work, beat on the bass for a while, and after about ten or fifteen minutes, everything's okay.

I'd rather take that kind of thing out on my Series 1, than come home and kick the dog (or the wife, God forbid). I don't know what I'd do without my bass(es). It would be like wandering in the wilderness. The first time I layed my hands on a bass, I felt "at home". That's pretty much an undeniable experience. Some basses resonate more or less with my playing style, but the bass in general is my baby. Right up there with my wife and my mom (don't have any kids yet). :D

Sep 13, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    I play bass because trout cheat. ;)
  14. :rolleyes:

Original I'll give you that.
  15. i play bass because it's BIGGER! :p

by the way i'm from nepal and i don't have much experience with bass (the fish). how do you pronounce it?