Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a little help with science fair

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Hi. I have a science fair project due in a couple months. I need to have a "big question" and an experiment, somewhat following the scientific method. As a research paper topic, I chose how do modems work. It turns out I need to do a project on the topic of my research paper. So anything modem related would be good. Thanks in advance. :)

2. Eh? :confused: Any suggestions welcome.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, this will get you started.

4. How Stuff Works is the coolest website ever.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I say scrap the research paper topic and start from scratch testing the effects of low frequency waves on people.

Do an experiment where you have people reading while listening to music, low frequency waves (60Hz or lower), Middle and trebble frequencies and while listening to nothing, of course all at the same volume, and durring an allotted amount of time.

Test the people on what they were reading, and see how the sounds, ages, genders all corespond to the results and record them.

If you wnat more detail, just ask. I got a few gold medals in my school science fairs and won the gold medal in science for the academic olympics for my county, which is pretty big.

Peace
    Nick

6. Thanks for the suggestion, but the paper is due Friday. It's already half-written. :eek: And How Stuff Works is a great place. Thanks.

7. that really suck a floppy donkey that its do in like two days...i have no clue how a modem works.....phones maybe:confused: :D :p

8. I have the paper done. It's just research. What I need is a question/experiment for the science fair. I know how the modems work. Just don't know what I can experiment on them. The science fair is in February.

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think the right way to do it is to ask a question and then do research that will hep you answer that question or at least see what you could do to find the answer to it.

Thats what Ive always done.

How long is the research paper? Assuming it isnt too long, I would start over. I cant think of anything you could easily do with modems.

Peace
    Nick