1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a little help with with my setup please!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Breed, May 11, 2010.

1. Breed

Breed

Nov 23, 2009
    Van Nuys, CA
    This is my first post.

I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I've been running my current setup for a few years now and I've finally just got fed up with the fact that I have to keep the level on my BOSS ODB3 turned down very low (less than 2). I know that it is because of my wireless unit, but I'm curious if there is another way that I can place things to eliminate my problem.

Here's my set up.

ESP Standard Surveyor II > Sennheiser ew 172 G2 > Boss ODB 3 > Boss CEB 3 > Sans amp BDDI programable deluxe > Gallien-Krueger 1001rbII > Ampeg classic 8x10.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Why do you have to keep the ODB at 2?

How have you nailed down that the wireless is the problem? That doesn't make much sense to me.

3. Breed

Breed

Nov 23, 2009
    Van Nuys, CA
    I nailed down the wireless as the issue by plugging straight into my amp. As for the ODB, for the tone that I like, I have the treb at 1 o'clock, bass at 2 o'clock, and the balance and the gain all the way up. The level has to be set that low (2 or 7/8 o'clock) because other wise it is significantly louder than me clean tone.

4. So to be clear, when you go bass > pedals > amp you can set the output on the ODB at a higher value than with the signal bass > wireless > pedals > amp.

I have no idea how to solve that. Sorry.

5. Breed

Breed

Nov 23, 2009
    Van Nuys, CA
    That is correct.

Thanks for trying.

6. Meatbass

Meatbass

Apr 30, 2010
    Frazier Park, CA
    Does it have to do with your sensitivity setting on your sennheiser wireless?

7. Breed

Breed

Nov 23, 2009
    Van Nuys, CA
    I've got the sensitivity turned all the way down. I've tried turning it up and lowering the volume on my amp, but then it clips on a constant basis.

8. Meatbass

Meatbass

Apr 30, 2010
    Frazier Park, CA
    Is it set to -30db? (I have the same system). The wireless clipping isn't bad -- running it at -00db is the same as plugging straight in.
    Will running the system at -00db solve the problem?

9. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    Is there a difference in tone with the level set that low? If not, it shouldn't matter. If so, I got nothing.

10. Breed

Breed

Nov 23, 2009
    Van Nuys, CA
    I do have the sens. set at -30db. as for the tone, there is no difference. The main frustration comes from DRASTIC volume changes with the smallest adjustments of the level knob.

I appreciate all of the help that I'm getting here guys, thank you.