1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need a little more bottom!!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by hotblues, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hotblues

hotblues

Apr 7, 2014
    I have a Behringer BX1200 combo bass amp and need more bottom!!
    Would a Behringer B1200D-PRO sub-bass speaker give me more stage presence for small venues with a 3 to 4 piece blues band? I don't have that much green right now ($300)! Also, if this scenario would work, would I connect my amp signal out from the XLR DI to the Behringer B1200D-PRO sub-bass input or the stereo headphone out via an left/right TRS adapter to left/right XLR inputs to the Behringer B1200D-PRO sub-bass?

2. For a double bass? Maybe you landed on the wrong side of Talkbass?

3. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Years ago, I used a Behringer BX1200 for double bass and it's still the practice amp that I use and kick around. It's not ideal but it works better than one might think, especially given it's very low cost. If we are discussing amplifying the DB, then I'd suggest moving away from additional Behringer solutions. If things must be done as inexpensively as possible, then I'd suggest starting with a decent DB cab and, for the time being, using the Behringer's amp. I don't know any reasonable way to do that for $300 but you might come close if you can score a deal on a used cab.

4. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    When I saw the thread title, all I could think was "you and me both, man!". Then I remembered that this was a bass forum and that I haven't had enough sleep.

5. Hard to say, his/her profile is empty.