Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a lot of 80ies basstabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by basmeisje, Oct 15, 2004.

1. basmeisje

basmeisje

Jun 7, 2004
    Hi all,

Sunday I'm auditioning an 80ies coverband.
    It's not my favorite decade, but it sounds like a good band with nice people with the right spirit and ambition, and besides I need money, so...
    If I do like it and they like me, I need a lot of TAB's from that decade (or sheet music since I can read it aswell).
    Here is a setlist as I got it:

Simple Minds - Alive and kicking
    Duran Duran - Hungry like the wolf
    Killing Joke - Love like blood
    Kim Wilde - Keep me hangin' on
    Murray Head - One night in Bangkok
    Billy Ocean - Loverboy
    Billy Idol - White wedding
    Genesis - Jesus he knows me
    Eurythmics - Sweet dreams
    Rockwell - Somebody's watching me
    Simpel Minds - Don't you forget about me
    Prince - Raspberry Beret
    Michael Jackson - Billy Jean
    Elton John - I'm still standing
    Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
    Living in a box - Living in a box
    ABC - When smokey sings
    The Cure - Close to me
    Style Council - Shout to the top
    Yazoo - Don't go
    Sly & the family Stone - Let's go all the way
    Janis Ian - Fly too high

I allready got Love like Blood, Sledgehammer and Don't you gforget about me.

All the others would be very welcome so if someone knows the lines or the major hooks, I would be very thankfull.
    I can read, I can play, have good timing, but I'm so bad at figuring out basslines from a record.
    Thanks in advance,

Yvette

2. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Yvette;

What you should do is visit musicrobot.com and download MIDIs of the songs your after.

I use the program at notation.com which converts the MIDIs into actual scores and isolate the bass score.

If you can't read sheet music, shame on you; you should learn.

In the meantime, use the freeware program PowerTabs to make tablature notation.

Hope this helps :)

3. basmeisje

basmeisje

Jun 7, 2004
    No I can read sheet music, no problem. I see if I can try your sugestion this weekend, thanks.

Yvette

4. basmeisje

basmeisje

Jun 7, 2004
    Hi John Vice,

Thank you so much. I think this will work pretty good. I'm to tired right now to figure it all out, but it looks okay. I've got the notation program on a 30 day trial, but that will be enough for now, so thanks again...

Yvette

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Out of curiosity, did you check anywhere? These are very popular song that I'm sure have been tabbed already?

Did you check our tab section? MxTabs?

6. basmeisje

basmeisje

Jun 7, 2004
    Yes I dis check the TB Tab section, only found the three I mentioned (love like blood, sledgehammer, don't you).
    I didn't check anywhere else, since I don't know anywhere else and mostly get an awfull lot of guitar tabs but no basstabs when I use a search engine.
    The midi system looks to work fine though.

Yvette