1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a Luthier in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gravedigger Dav, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Had a nasty accident with my P Select that resulted in a few neck dings on the back of the neck between the 12th fret and the body. I want to get it repaired.
    I've read the posts on repairing neck dings, but I don't know that I have the skills to accomplish this, so before I do more harm than good, I would like to get it repaired.
    Can anyone recommend a luthier in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area? If there are none who can and will do that, I would consider shipping the bass or the neck to someone who can.
    Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

2. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    jubl likes this.
  3. jubl

jubl

May 26, 2015
  4. jubl

jubl

May 26, 2015
    Not part of the thread but the classes look interesting.

5. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    He lists no phone number. I sent an email through the response page of his web site. So far, no reply. If someone is unresponsive before the sale, I'm not confident he would be responsive through the process. But thanks for the recommendation anyway.

6. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
  7. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Yes, I've seen his ads in CL from time to time. I've been thinking about taking one, but it is a matter of the time to do it.

8. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Okay, so I ended up going to Easton's Guitar Shackorama in Fort Worth. Sully recommended him. He did a great job at a fair price.
    And the surprising part is he had it ready when he said he would. I would recommend him if you need any repair work.

sissy kathy and jubl like this.