Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a luthier to fix a neck

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Brooks, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I have this old Hohner fretless (pics are here: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=115873&foldername=Hohner+Fretless) that has a ski-slope neck.

I am looking for a luthier who would remove the maple fingerboard, install a new truss rod, put new fingerboard of the same type on, and install new tuners. If you know of any, or if you are a luthier and interested in taking on this work, please let me know.

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    BUMP. No takers?

3. There is an ethical dilemna here with your request. The TalkBass Pros are here to discuss the craft rather than troll for or solicit work. Keeping the forums free from commercials is important to maintaining a healthy environment for discussion. If a pro were to say "Sure, just send it to me", it would be in conflict with forum guidelines. This is a private site but one that uses advertising for revenue. By using TB to get work, they would be getting a direct benefit without compensating Paul. Just the fact that you can talk to and see these guys work is probably all (and certainly the best) advertising they could have.

I suggest that if you want to pursue this further, you should privately contact the TB member that seems to best suit you. That way no appearance of impropriety will be shown.