1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a new combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geddyfan, Mar 11, 2008.

1. My Mesa Scout got stolen time to replace it. What do you folks think of the Ashdown combo amps. Maybe time for a change? Tha ABM combo's in general.

2. anybody out there?

3. big stubby

big stubby

Feb 1, 2007
    I can tell you this, don't buy an Ampeg. Mine is going in for repair for the second time in less than a year. And I dont even play that much.

4. Denison329

Denison329

Jan 28, 2008
    I just bought an Ashdown Mag300 combo with a 15" speaker. I use it at our church and it sounds amazing. I'm a happy camper. See? :hyper:

5. I won't buy a Chineese built amp but I know whrere to get a brit made one if decide to.

6. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Another Mesa Scout?

7. maybe I'm not decided yet, but the scout is a great combo I may want something a little different. Here in the Stl Metro area no really different bass stuff around too much ampeg!

8. only4

only4

Aug 12, 2006
    Manchester UK
    I have owned my ABM 500-15 combo for about a year now and i am really pleased with it, great build quality stacks of power and a versatile tone section.

9. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Step up to the Mesa Venture.You won't be disappointed.

10. The Mesa Venture is too heavy.And I,m not an Eden fan.

11. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I dunno much about combos and I don't know how far STL is from KC, but check out www.kcbassmint.com - Kurt is a good guy and should be able to point you in the right direction.

12. Markbass CMD102P...had mine for a few years now no problems...very loud and very punchy...can make it sound like an Ampeg with a pedal.

13. Still using my little Roland DB500 after a few years now, trouble free, small but loud, and a tone to die for IMO. I have to DI it for larger gigs, but most of the time it's enough on it's own. Love it. I believe the latest Roland combos are worth a look.