1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a new multi effects processor !

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 4dog, Nov 28, 2017.

1. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Ok pedal heads...just what the title says need ideas in the multi fx realm..hopefully we can start with cheap but good and move up to break the bank...but i rely on a multi fx processor for my band and my digitech took a nosedive any and all advice on a direction please...smarty pants comments are appreciated...aaaaaand go!

Mediocrity Man and Darkglass like this.
  2. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    I like my Zoom MS 60B.

3. If you want cheap then a Zoom B3 or MS 60B will do very well. If you like top drawer sound quality then an Eventide H9 is worthy of your consideration.

4. Challanger2

Challanger2

Feb 13, 2015
    What's your budget? Also do you need amp/cab simulation, or only effects processing? And primarily drive based, or more around filters/delays/verbs?

5. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    The Eventide H9 seems to be the best multi-effect out there. Honestly, if I wasn't devoted to one-purpose pedals I would probably have two on my board to cover basically everything.

willbassyeah likes this.
  6. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Thanks for replies...budget is slim but need is great...lol...dont care for fuzz or distortion...mostly looking for filters delays verbs ..looper would be sweet..good tuner would be helpful...not asking for much..lol

7. If the Digitech has been working for you that would be a good place to start, if you are looking to branch out then checking out the competition in Zoom or Boss might do the trick.

Zoom MS60B packs up to 4 effects at a time of over 140 effects in a small and affordable package $99 new

Zoom MS70CDR same package but strictly modulation, filters, delay and verbs, can do more effects at a time up to 6 $120 with the update 137 effects but not all have helpful bass features like mix or blend

AdrenaLinn III if you are looking for something a bit outside the norm check out this handy dandy box with very high quality effects and some very unique time based effects that can be tied to sequences or the internal Linn drum machine.

Wanker_Joe and matty1039 like this.
  8. matty1039

matty1039

Oct 26, 2015
    New Orleans
    Zoom B1-ON or B1-ONX $50 to $75 in addition to the other Zoom products.

9. I failed to mention the Zoom B3n, a worthy contender but I do not have hands on experience.

Johno Dunn and mysteryclock like this.
  10. I always though the Line 6 M9 looked sweet... not that I have any actual experience with it

willsellout likes this.
  11. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Yall have given me some fat to chew on ..its appreciated....thanks!

matty1039 likes this.
  12. Charlzm

Charlzm Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you can find a Line 6 Bass POD XT Live, that's the way to go.

Line 6 Legacy Products

13. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

Zoom B1on. Cost less than any pedal I’ve ever owned and caused me to stop using most of them for lack of needing them anymore. Distortion models aren’t fantastic but it’s got filters and delays for miles.

--^@

14. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I love my Zoom B3.
    effects? yes
    cab sims? yes
    custom patches? yes
    built in drum machine? yes
    DI? yes
    USB for use as an audio interface? yes
    tuner? yes
    other stuff I can't even think of right now? yes

cost? $200 new

15. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    Boss GT-1b is great alternative to the zoom B3

jaysbass2002 and packhowitzer like this.
  16. Another vote for the Zoom B3. I got mine used fairly cheap.

packhowitzer likes this.
  17. Usidore T Blue

Usidore T Blue

Jun 28, 2017
    I got the B3n for somebody and it is hilariously fun. The default patches are ridiculous enough, but if you just press random buttons you are soon producing sounds that are in no sense useful. Once everyone gets serious and rebuilds the patches I am sure it will be a workhorse, but for now its all the flanging and the synth and the wa-hey glavin!

Edit: and the compressor in the first default patch (darkglass imitation?) introduces hiss! For some reason I really liked that bit of realism.

18. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I'm digging my Boss MS-3. Its got great modulation, delay, and reverb. The drive sounds aren't amazing but are definitely useable. I also dig my H9, but am falling out of love with the whole "needing a computer/tablet" thing... I much prefer turning knobs, personally.

19. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

You can probably get a Boss ME50B for a real good price. It’s a really nice piece of gear and it’s very nicely designed..

20. PollohUltima

PollohUltima

Nov 29, 2017
    B3 and B3n doesn't have DI mate ;]